The ARTS & CULTURE of Assisi
+ nearby Gubbio, Perugia, Florence, Sienna & Rome
Our classes, workshops and retreats have so much to offer because we are located in the heart of Umbria- an area of rich cultural & artistic heritage as well as an area of outstanding natural beauty and deep spiritual significance.
Relish the beauty of Spirit, Art & Nature!
Assisi is the International City of Peace, home of St. Francis of Assisi -the worlds most beloved saint, as well as the renown painter Giotto who prefigured the Renaissance. Assisi is a treasured destination for both art lovers and spiritual pilgrims from around the world.
Our Studio Retreat Center is located in the hills above Assisi. Our uplifting Art Gallery features the work of inspirational and visionary artists and serves as a venue for concerts and cultural events. Our spacious and light-filled Art Studio opens onto an earthen terrace with a panoramic view of the glorious Umbrian Hills.
Drink in the ‘la Dolce Vita’ –‘the sweet life’ of Italy!
• See world renown treasures of art & culture!
• Explore your own creativity in a spacious and inspiring art studio!
Awakening Arts Academy
Enjoys panoramic views in the beautiful hills above Assisi. The expansive beauty that surrounds us, and the nurturing space of the studio provides a peaceful oasis for the exploration of your creative spirit.
A Magic Place
• Receive the heart opening blessings of St. Francis of Assisi in his hermitage and walk in his footsteps on Mount Subasio
• Visit the Portziuncola (the chapel built by St. Francis) and the Cathedral of Santa Chiara (Saint Clare)
• See the 2,000 year old Minerva Temple and the ancient Roman Ruins beneath the streets of Medieval Assisi
• Witness the astonishing beauty of the Frassasi Caves- Europe’s largest and most magnificent
• Discover Sienna, where time stood still- and make your own Stained Glass artwork in one’s of Italy’s oldest Glass Art Studio’s...and so much more!
Yoga & Meditation
The internationally renown Ananda Yoga and Meditation Retreat Center is literally across the street.
Delicious vegetarian meals, daily yoga classes and meditation in the beautiful Temple of Light. You can also enjoy cappuccino’s, homemade chocolates & pastries in the Ananda Piazza- all a three minute walk away.
Bring Your Own Groups!
Art teachers and workshop leaders love working in such a beautiful and inspiring space.
Our hands-on art studio is ready for paint, clay, collage and sculpture. Our gallery can hold over 100 participants, or provide a spacious area for movement and experiential work.
We can help you to organize your meals, accommodations and day trips to the treasures of Italy that surround our studio.
Some of the many Festivals in and around Assisi:
We can help you plan a time that overlaps with one of the many colorful and fun festivals held in Assisi, Perugia, Bavagna, Spello, Gubbio, etc.
Create a once in a lifetime experience for your group!
Contact us for a conversation about what we can do to make a magical experience for your group: info (at) awakeningartsacademy.com